Manbun Chicken: You’re Welcome America
Cade Facey and Brendan Boyer
2 Chicken fillets
1 tablsp salt
1 tablsp sugar
4 cups water
2 cups flour
Seasoning…salt, pepper, mixed herbs
2 cups vegetable oil for frying
- Cut chicken into pieces not too big, and all around the same size.
- Put water in a bowl big enough to completely submerge all of the chicken, put salt and sugar in it, roughly 1 tablespoon of each (depends on how much chicken) soak chicken in water for not longer than 1 hour
- Put flour in a bowl and add salt, pepper, etc. (depends on how you want it to taste)
- Toss chicken in flour to coat
- Let stand on a wire rack to have the flour settle in
- Heat oil in a pan ( careful not to let it get too hot)
- Put the chicken a few pieces at a time in vegetable oil in a pan on low
- Turn the chicken when the back side gets golden brown
- Put in the oven on a wire rack for 5-10 minutes at 375 (depends on how done the chicken gets).
Serve with a salad and homemade barbecue sauce.