Delicious Pumpkin Pancakes
Perfect Pumpkin Pancakes or Waffles
These pancakes are a favorite; they are fast, simple, and never fail to impress. Pumpkin, cinnamon, and nutmeg give these pancakes a delicious pumpkin pie flavor. Whether you like your pancakes with butter, maple syrup, or nothing at all, they are perfect to warm up any crisp fall morning.
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Optional ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil or butter
- Sift flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and nutmeg together in a bowl.
- Whisk milk, pumpkin, egg, and oil together in a bowl. Pour milk mixture into flour mixture and stir until just moistened. Batter will be slightly lumpy.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle over medium heat
- Drop batter by large spoonfuls onto the griddle and cook until bubbles form and the edges are dry, 1 to 3 minutes. Flip and cook until browned on the other side, about 1 minute more. Repeat with remaining batter.