Girls Volleyball “Dig Pink” Game

October 14, 2017

What is “Dig Pink”?

Last Friday night, Souhegan High School Girls Volleyball Team took on Coe Brown in their annual Dig Pink game. The Dig Pink game is an event that brings community members and SHS students and athletes together to raise funds and awareness for breast cancer and breast cancer research. Each year, it’s a demonstration of support for friends and family battling this disease through teamwork. In total, the team raised $338.35, which will be donated to help with the fight against cancer!

About Coaches vs. Cancer

The Dig Pink Rally is part of an even bigger organization, known as “Coaches vs. Cancer”. It is a partnership between the American Cancer Society and the National Association of Basketball Coaches (it was started by college basketball coaches but any team can fundraise). They work with coaches nationwide to help raise funds for breast cancer research. It was started in 1993 and since then they have worked with hundreds of teams to raise over $100 million dollars for the American Cancer Society.

To learn more and get involved, visit: www.cancer.org/involved/fundraise/coaches-vs-cancer

The Game

There are two major takeaways from Friday night’s girl’s volleyball game: teamwork and pink! The Souhegan High School gymnasium was decked out in pink streamers, pink balloons, pink signs, and even pink players. These pinked out players moved on the court with amazing speed and camaraderie. Watch out for star players like junior, Katie O’Brien, who has a wicked hit, or senior, Anna Wason, who had one incredible save after another. Don’t miss their sophomore libero, Lauren Adriaansen, who is unbelievable to watch as she rallies the team with dig after dig.

Though the results of the game ended with a Coe-Brown win, every player and person in the gym left honoring a bigger cause. Each player’s positivity and teamwork set a tone of professionalism and support for members of our community who have been affected by breast cancer.

Don’t forget to keep up with Volleyball this season by following the team on Instagram!

@souheganvolleyball

SHS Claw • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Comments (0)

All SHS Claw Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Skip to toolbar