The student news site of Souhegan High School

Sabers’ Boys’ Soccer Tough Loss against Lebanon High School in 1st Round of Playoffs

October 26, 2017

On Wednesday October, 26 the Souhegan Varsity Boys’ Soccer team faced off against Lebanon High School in Lebanon for the first round of the NHIAA playoffs.

The work rate on the pitch was 2nd to none, but in the end the big guns of Lebanon walked off with 3-1 victory to move on in the playoffs.

Montague Jones began the scoring in the 18th minute off an excellent back pass from Khaled Nazeer, with a long shot from 25 yards beating the Lebanon keeper Chris Nulty at the back post.  The Raiders fought back immediately, capitalizing off a well taken corner kick as Cameron Magari muscled into a crowed 6 yard box to head the ball home in the 20th minute.  Just 4 minutes on another Raider showed strength on the ball surviving a strong challenge 22 yards out.  Luke Sandmann stood firm and fired in, hitting the back post netting with a solid strike.

In the 2nd half, a Raider free kick from midfield was scrambled into the net amongst a melee of bodies.  The Sabers still held on pushing hard, creating several scoring opportunities even into the dying moments of the match, but were unable to finish any opportunities.

Congratulations to a strong group of seniors who led with top level work rates throughout the season, and setting the bar for those following in their footsteps.

SHS Claw • Copyright 2017 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in