3 Season Athlete, Why Softball?

Madison (Maddie) Robicheau is a senior at Souhegan High School. She is a 3 season athlete, playing Field Hockey, Basketball, and Softball while maintaining a 3.3 GPA. Robicheau is committed to play Division 1 softball at Fairfield University (https://www.fairfield.edu/) , a private institution, founded in 1942, on the shoreline of Connecticut. When asked how she does it all, Robicheau replied, “I mean, I like sports so that’s easy,” and that sports give her structure and help her to do better in school.

Along with playing softball for Souhegan High School, Robicheau plays on a summer team called Polar Crush. Robicheau’s position is shortstop. Robicheau chose softball as her primary sport because its her favorite of them all. Many of her teammates refer to her as a leader on and off the field. The Souhegan softball coach Tony Doucet said Robicheau, “Along with being one of the best softball players in the state, defensively and offensively, she’s also a leader and she’s one who leads by example.”

Fairfield University softball team got second conference title and NCAA appearance in the past 3 seasons. They have more than 40 undergraduate majors and 20 Stag Varsity Teams. 11 Stags from the softball team were placed in the annual academic list for earning at least a 3.5 cumulative GPA. Robicheau plans to major in business and possibly start her own business while being a D1 athlete and keeping up her GPA.

When asked why she wants to play softball in college, Robicheau replied, “I’ve always grown up playing it and my dads always put the dream in my head and I just kinda stuck through it, I’ve been playing year round since I was 9 and I’ve always liked it more than my other sports.”

With all of her dedication, leadership, athletic ability, hard work, and drive, she’s bound to be a successful college athlete and student.